There are only 6 months left until the students in the Class of 2012 graduate and move on to their next adventures! For those parents of students going on to Post Secondary Education, the following Suggestions for Parents were gathered from Post Secondary counselors and advisors.
• Contact the college Counseling Department, Advising Center, Campus Security if you have a concern about your child.
• Help your child to understand how his/her health insurance works
• Give your child a duplicate health/dental insurance card to keep with him/her
• Give food, not money for food
• Encourage your college student to get involved in an extra curricular club or activity at college
• Consider renter’s insurance if applicable