Dear WHS Parents,
We would like to express our thanks for taking the time to support the high school and the various ways you help to ensure the best quality education for your child.
The staff at WHS has implemented several new programs to help your student be more successful by receiving more personalized and specific instruction:
1) STUDY TABLES:
• Before and after school FREE tutoring service.
• Located in the high school library.
• Daily from 7:30- 8 am and 3:30 – 4 pm.
2) FROZEN TIME:
• We are restructuring advisory time in an attempt to focus on students struggling with work completion.
• Each week teachers will freeze struggling students into their advisory.
• This is a mandatory work time for any student that is below a C-.
• If need be, they may also be asked to attend Wednesday school.
• This is a new concept that we hope will help students that cannot come before or after school.
• Also, to provide individualized assistance to struggling students.
3) SCHOOLOGY ONLINE GRADEBOOK:
• Students should use Schoology on a regular basis to check their grades and see any missing or incomplete work.
• Parents are also able to login to monitor the progress of their students.
• Parent access codes are available through the Counseling Office or Media Center.
If you have any further questions, please see our counseling staff, Mr. Danielson, Mrs. Farmer, Mr. Pisarik, Mr. Van Weelden, or Mr. Zieglowsky.